Monday, September 17, 2007

2 days does not a gymrat make...

But I felt better when I went to the gym today. I kind of hit a three oclock wall today. I am starting off slowly so I don't hurt myself and/or get discouraged. Very slowly. Like today for example, I walked 1.7 miles and then got off the treadmill and came home. And ate a bag of cheetos - hahahahah - just kidding, I had some carrots with a little bit of dip to make it "not as healthy". You see, the gym near me isn't open yet - so I'm going to a smaller version of the gym - at least from what I can tell it is smaller - mostly treadmills, bikes, ellipticals and such, then free-weights for the not-amy types.

Yesterday was great in Raleigh - the weather has gone from 90-100s to whooo-hooo 70s and 80s and comfortable. Kel and I played tennis for the first time in probably 2 years (he says it hasn't been that long, I think it has been longer). I was slow. My backhand must have slowly degraded over that time too because it was comical at best.

Here's to more good weather.

For the rest of the weekend - Kel and I went to Greek fest - where Kel got to meet one of my ex's. JOY. At least the food was decent. I love me some spanikopita. Kel's folks came into town on Saturday for the day (bad weather on the coast again the weekend - we will never go sailing).

While I worked, they went to Bug Fest and then we went to a favorite nearby joint for outdoor mexican - Dos Taquitos.

No comments: