Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We have a Rita's?!?

So one of the benefits of living in cary is a cute little tan newsie letter that has coupons and storys and a sudoku (how could you not love sudoku).
On page 3 or so there is a coupon for the Rita's at Morrisville.
Glancing at all of the Hurricane readyness pages, flip, flip flip waitasecond - Turn page back - A RITAS!!!!!!!
For those of you that aren't Urban Suburban Philly Natives - Ritas makes Italian Water Ice (Pronounced: Talyan Wooder Eyes). For the longest time there were things that you couldn't find outside of the Philadelphia Area - Tastycakes, Soft Pretzels, Hoagies and Cheesesteaks, Water Ice, etc. And you missed them. Craved them (like through all of pregnancy).
Silly me, I wasn't looking for Rita's to sell out and become a chain - but lucky me, there are 4 of them in the area (Morrisville, Cary, Apex and Raleigh!). They are a little more store-front than the window we used to go to in Havertown, but hey - at least I don't have to trek 8 hours to get a gelati anymore.

Oh yeah, I've been keeping the Sage posts separate -
wallingoffspring.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is one in Carrboro/Chapel Hill as well now. I went when they had free Ice day. I'm not sure if it is suppose to be an actual Italian Ice or something different, but mine was more like a slushy than any Italian Ice I've ever had.
As far as soft pretzels, I didn't realize they were just a Philly staple as I've seen them in NYC for the longest time.

Amy M said...

Maybe with all of that scooping, it had started to melt a little. Most ices start off frozen, but not solid and melt as you eat 'em. As for pretzels- these are all smooshed together and stale out pretty quick: http://philadelphia.about.com/cs/foodstogo/ht/enjoy_pretzel.htm