Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lunch with the Old Old Job

I had lunch with two friends from my old, old job today - the job that involved being an engineer and purchaser, was high stress and well, to be honest - sucked every ounce of energy out of my being.
I enjoy occassions with the people from this job - lunches, dinners, drinkies every once in a while. It is a time to catch up, a time to complain and in general a time to let some steam off.
The one friend recently survived the one person in each department must be cut layoff (29 people total), the other did not (but will be working through 12/4). As for the one who didn't, his wife was laid off from the company too in the same bout of layoffs.
For the amount of people that were laid off, some were the right decision. But, I feel they missed some total wastes of oxygen.
But back to lunch - we complained, we let off some steam, and overall I feel sorry for the friends still there. Corporate sucks.

No comments: