Tuesday, April 21, 2009

In Forever-evah!

I haven't posted in forever-evah and it's time that I did.
Three people that need a smack:
1) Airport Security in Philly - Made me take off the leather non-soled shoes off the 8.5 month old child (before you get all you have to take your shoes off no matter your age, these are Robeez type shoes and can be compared to, i don't know, a belt since the child is being hand held through the metal detector), and had me go back through the metal detector three times because baby powder containers have to be viewed outside of the bag in x-ray - news to me! (Raleigh Security let me through with both the powder and the shoes with no questions asked and made the baby smile while they were at it).
2) Woman in a car with handicap placard in Wake Forest on Monday - I stopped on a side street to try and get a loose, but limping, dog identified (had tags), my attempt did not succeed and the dog went further down the street - I was headed back to Raleigh and the friend I was visiting told me she would keep an eye on the dog. Driver of vehicle stopped at my window and in an elevated and accusatory voice said, "Did you just put that dog in the middle of the street?" Um, no. Not a harmer of dogs, Thank you. Tried to help the poor thing.
3) Person on the wrong number - I called what I though was the cell phone of a friend who had just had a baby. Wrong number. Explained my situation, apologized and hung up. No harm, no foul, right? Wrong. The next morning I got a call from the number and missed it - it popped up as the friend's name since I hadn't deleted it yet and called it back. Some lady asking who I was, and why I called her man, so on so forth. I explained, again, and thought that was the end of it. Later that night the guy calls back again and asked why my number was in the call registry. Um, because your jealous significant other called me first. Did you really have to call back to tell me not to call again and hang up on me? Really?
A couple of people need a course in manners.
That someone isn't me.
Although I may need the course in anger management after a few more run ins with people like these.

No comments: