Wednesday, July 18, 2007

2 Blankets Down.... 2 to go

I finished the second baby blanket! They are both the same pattern (oversized washcloth worked on the diagonal) but the colors are definitely different! Luckily for this one I didn't run out of yarn with 30 some odd rows left.

Today is my day off (whooo hooo!) and tomorrow I work at night. I feel like this week I have been social (gasp!) and am regaining my life back. For example, if there is dance class tonight, I'll probably go. Kel and I had dinner at the restaurant on Monday to check out the new menu, which is crazy good, then we stopped by Meredith's to see her new house. She mentioned that the girls were going to see a movie on Tuesday night at the $1.50 theater - so I tagged along to see Blades of Glory last night after working during the day. Yesterday was a good day as the pastry chef went home early and I got to finish out kitchen time on my own. I worked on bread (baguette and honey cornmeal), made creme brulee, souffles, pastry cream, measured out flour for today's bread, baked off chess pie tartlets, and did a bunch of little stuff. Talk about your stupid comedy - this one qualifies. I particularly loved the costuming:


I'll be having lunch with Leigh today - a promise made about a year and a half ago to actually see each other after working at Martin Marietta. She has the best scoop and keeps up with Everybody. Tomorrow it will be lunch with some of the current (for now) Martin folks to see what is up in their world. For the weekend, we'll see how that goes - but Thursday night will be the only night of work this week.


No comments: