Friday, April 27, 2007

No Day Off?

It has been a crazy week over here.
Wednesday was especially busy.
I made two cakes, I worked a part day, and I met Doug and Anna's newest addition, Georgia.
You know how there are people who hold back and don't tell you anything about their experience in childbirth? (for the most part I think it is so you get suckered in)
Not Doug and Anna, I feel like I could ask them anything about her delivery and they would tell me. The girl either had one of the toughest deliveries, or I just haven't heard about too many of them. I'll spare some of the details - but let's just say from start to finish, the family was in the hospital for just about a week. Luckily, everyone is doing okay now and they have a new kiddo in the house:
Doug, Anna and I had a great lunch together - Chicken Limonata, Salad and Roasted Potatoes, Strawberry Shortcakes for dessert and all the labor and delivery gory details.

During the morning I baked a couple of cakes, one for a bachelorette party and one for a 40th b-day party. I iced them after getting back from work and early Thursday morning.
This one I got an email about on the Monday - he wanted a picture frame with an old style Laverne and shirley L on it in pink. I think this qualifies:

I worked that night on my "day off" the other dessert plating girl is flaking out, there was one other girl on Garde Manager and Chef was on the line. (Normally, there are two people on Garde Manager and Chef is a floater for bigger nights.) So I said I would come in to help out.
Have I mentioned that I get to wear zooba-like pants to work ?!? this is totally a perk in my book here are the ones that I just got in:

Love Love Love it!







No comments: