Monday, April 16, 2007

Thoughts for my fellow Hokies

I have been working in a kitchen all day.
Somehow I got home without hearing the news, and then I listened to a very interesting voice mail from Meredith - she heard how I got the pastry job after all, and was asking if I knew anyone up at Tech, with the events of the day and all, even though I graduated almost 10 years ago.
Then I flipped on the TV.
Massacre at Virginia Tech.
I had classes in Norris, mostly Engineering Science and Mechanics classes - statics, dynamics, mechanics of deformable bodies. And was an R.A. in the C-Shaped building next to West A.J. - Cochrane Hall.
Last year I took Kelly to his first football game at Tech. Actually, my bud Amy C. had extra tickets and was gracious enough to let us use them. We started together at Tech as buds in the same class in the corps of cadets. She is still studying. A couple of years ago she decided to follow her dreams and go back for her doctorate. While we were there, the three of us walked around campus. It has grown in the last couple of years, but I could still recognize some of the buildings.
Amy C. is the last of my friends at VT.
I zapped her an email and hope to hear back soon.
In the mean time, my thoughts to everyone on Campus.

1 comment:

Amy M said...

Update 8:20pm est - My bud Amy is doing okay - physically.
She and others in her department are having trouble locating 3 team members who teach in Norris Hall.