Sunday, April 15, 2007

The power of suggestion....

Last Sunday, Easter Sunday, Jackie, Gray, Hippie and I were sitting around the dining room table at Jackie and the Hippie's house.
On Sundays, anywhere from 2 to 4 people gather at Jackie's for knitting. and drinking. and eating. and talking. In general a good time is had by all.
After a few rounds of bloody marys, Jackie and Gray suggested that I start a blog.
So I came home later, and asked Kelly, my dear darling devoted husband if I should start a blog. He said sure, it would be a good outlet.
What should I let out?
Well, let us start with changing professions. With a nice little severence shove from my job of nine years, I recently changed professions. Not a gradual change, mind you, not like one branch of Engineering to Another Branch of Engineering. No, not me, I left the nice cushy engineering/purchasing related desk job and decided to follow a dream. You know how people say things like, if you enjoy what you are doing, it doesn't matter what the pay is? It's true. Every single word of that sentence is the absolute truth.
Even if your mother doesn't understand that you are taking 4 years of college and a professional designation (P.E./Supergenius) and working as a prep chef in a restaurant kitchen. It's okay.
More on that later.
I think I'm going to like this blogging thing.

No comments: