Monday, July 14, 2008

40w3d

Holding pattern - the semi-good kind.
I'm still just over 1cm (the doctor mentioned 1.5, and then 2, but really was straining on the 2 probably because the chart has said one for the last 5 visits and she wanted to make it sound like I've been making progress).
All went well with non-stress test number 1. The kid cooperated and moved fairly regularly. The monitor and hookups recorded as they are supposed to - maybe a little too well - The only thing that didn't read well were the contractions. There were NONE. Not even a flicker of one. Flatline if I ever did see one.
All went well with Fluid Measurement Ultrasound too. Enough to keep the little bugger floating until the next round. Also confirmed that the kid is still a boy, and that his head is still down.
Why is this good? Because I'm still on the natural route. At least until the big three (water break, an hour of contractions @5 mins or a low kick count) happen or Thursday when the next round of tests go down. This I can smile about.

And now for the no wonder I'm tired today part of the blog in two parts.
Part One: So my husband always wakes up tired in the mornings. No matter what time he goes to bed, he will tap the snooze bar more than once if I'm still in bed. It kind of makes up for me being a morning person and hitting the wall around 10-10:30 at night. If I'm not still in bed - you know having to check out the large truck noises (see part two) or filling the cat's food bowl (the little snot of a cat has been walking on us and staring us down until he gets an ample amount of food - not realizing that the queen of the household needs beauty sleep and the king of the house doesn't wake up for shit), he shuts the whole alarm system off (including my alarm, if there is one set).
It must be because he is chasing rabbits - or communicating with the unborn child using morse code in a semi-unconscious state.
How does that work you ask? So whenever I get up to pee (every 2.5-4 hours during the night these days), Kel moves into a position that enables snuggling when I get back. I don't think he knows he does this. Sometimes it's so I can spoon him from the back, sometimes it is so he can spoon me, sometimes it is so I can get the nook of his arm, etc. So at pee interval #2 he snuggles me from the back, and puts his arm around the ever growing belly. In about five minutes the kid is kicking away (who hoo - empty bladder, more room to kick, let's kick, I also have no regard for time, whooo hooooo!) and Kel starts tapping back. Being somewhat ready to go back to sleep, I'm like that is cute and all, but really - it is some ungodly early hour and I would like to go back to sleep. And it keeps going on - and on - then I realize, the Kel is asleep and doesn't realize he is tapping back at the kid. I think he'll be mildly surprised tonight when I tell him what he was doing.

Part Two: Why am I hearing a large truck outside at 6:37 in the morning? And still at 6:43, and 6:51? I'm not so good at just laying in bed - so finally at 6:53 I check it out - nobody should be active that early in the morning. I put on scrubby clothes and peek out the front door - A FIRETRUCK?!?!?! Before I have a chance to question, it pulls away - there goes my sleep for the morning.

Nap time might just come early today - the rain isn't helping.

No comments: