Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Week 39.5

Whew! A nap does a body good. I've been a little bit more tired lately, but then again, the kitchen at work was super hot today too so that didn't help any either.

The "welcome to the world" pedicure is complete (fuzzy pic, sorry). I got out early yesterday (totally shocking, since the pastry chef was back after a week of vacation and she just piles work on when it isn't necessarily needed), and figured I am at the point where clipping my toenails is more of a circus act, so lets get a little pampering in. I think it is the same lighter than light blue that I wore for the wedding. A little swollen, yes, but mostly the fat feet that have come down through the generations.
We still haven't trained the grandparents not to ask if there is a baby yet. Do you think we would let it slip our minds or something? Whoops! Kelly what are we going to do, we forgot to tell our parents!!! The Paternal grandparents don't even say hi when they call any more - it starts right into "IS THERE A BABY YET?" The Maternal grandparents at least say "hi" or "what are you up to" before laying into the baby talk.

I have started to pack a hospital bag - sort of - more realisticly I have piled three things on the computer desk that will go into a hospital bag when I finally get my butt in gear enough to do it.
It is just one of those things where you can't pack it all because you need shampoo on a daily basis at home instead of in a bag destined for the hospital.
The only thing I really want to know is: Is it like the doctors appointments? Where once it is packed you get worked up and ready to go, only to be at one centimeter for the 4th week in a row? or does having a bag packed automatically send you straight into labor?
A new to us sofa made its appearance in the living room while I was at work on Saturday.
It doesn't look like there is much going on in this picture - but trust me there is plenty. Not only is it a double reclining awesome leather sofa, see the nice pretty brown boxes at the end? The one on the bottom reinstituted my faith in mail order after a month long, pulled the pregnancy card, whining on the phone, get my racks to me before my child is born, all out customer service war with Ikea. That bottom box you see is an order that was placed with EFaucet.com yesterday at around 2:30 pm. It was shipped GROUND by UPS and got here just before three today. Yes people, there is a customer service department somewhere on the planet that knows how to get shit done. (Okay - Zappos is awesome too). Of course it is with a company that I won't have to use again for a while, but then again, I know where I'm going back if I need another faucet anytime soon.
In knitting news - I just finished felting my first felted project. And am almost finished with the felted baby soakers from Lionbrand freebie patterns (first project for the child). Just have to get a little velcro sewn in and I'll be good to go. I have to say - this pattern sucked. The counts were off, the instructions were incomplete and it was just kind of a cluster all around. Luckily I faked my way through it and came up with something decent.....

Last but not least, the only redeeming thing about the ikea racks are that they are now installed. Bringing the kitchen one step closer to done....

No comments: