Sunday, May 6, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary to us! Kel and I have been married a year - and the weather is quite like that day a year ago - Sunny and bright and fun. This year, although there is a breeze in the air, it is still pleasant.

What have I been up to?

Yesterday I planted. It was neighborhood planting day at the townhomes where I live.
What does this mean? Free plants to plant in the common areas. This is the first year that I have been home to collect on the deal - the toughest part? Carolina Red Clay - if you dig more than 2", there is this obnoxiously difficult to work with red clay. But I managed: Here is the smattering of plants that I added to the first island of the neighborhood. Imagine coming into a neighborhood with only a tree there. That's how it was! So, what is wrong with this trellis?
Yeah - I don't know either - other than someone in the neighborhood complained to the landscaping and architechural board. Luckily, the guy on the landscaping board agrees that it very cool, and agrees that the shrubs that used to be there were ugly, so we are going to get it pushed through - Take that! - nosy neighbor who got a nasty gram for their Christmas lights and wants to bitch about everybody else's stuff.

Then I went to work. VIP at 1030pm last night - Joan Collins.

This morning Kel gave me a present. The whole time he prefaced the gift saying, "First Anniversary is Paper". He got a print framed for me. A beautiful Mondrian that he gave to me for a birthday. I am a big Mondrian fan.

Normally we don't get stuff for each other - we go out for dinner and call it a day.

I'll be taking us out to dinner later this week at the restaurant where he proposed. Ok, so I work there now, but still it is the restuarant to go for a great meal. The lamb looks excellent too.

No comments: