Friday, May 18, 2007

Project

You know those projects that you allot 15 minutes for total and they turn into something much bigger than that?

I present to you the window screen:
The frame was there, only missing the cross bar and ready for new screening material.
I had the parts from when I made the screen: the screening material, the spline tool, the spline.

The only thing I was missing - the only part they don't sell on it's own - the connectors for the cross bar. So I went to Lowe's. Now, I don't think that one is any better than the other, but Lowe's is right around three corners and awefully convenient for us (good thing). But, those connectors are the only stinking thing in the kit that they don't sell on its own, and I had to buy like an 8 foot piece of aluminum side part to get the cross bar (bad, I thought at the time, a lot of waste for a 2 foot section). So I went home and cut down the cross bar. Whooo Hoooo 3 minutes into the 15 ... on the home stretch ... until, I look at the top part of the frame. Being outside didn't treat it right. It was bent to all heck - No spline tool was getting through that. So, I carefully tried to slide the end off the frame. Funny how the corner connector went Snap! and the only thing I could think to say is Oh Snap! (or Chasquido! if you have been watching My Name is Earl.) So good thing I had all of this extra frame material, because well, the ends were stuck in the old stuff and I had to cut two new pieces. And of course I didn't have those connectors. Those are sold separately from the kit.

So back to Lowes.

Good thing I know where all this stuff is, otherwise it would have been a debacle.
No lines on the first trip - but on the second I got stuck in idiotland. Must have been because I was trying to get into work.
So I picked those up and came back after work to assemble.

Okay - so I watched Grey's Anatomy in there first, dang - good season ender and then finished up the screen. But at least it is all done.

Today I meet up with the girls from old work for Lunch. At Heregehty - yum! Happy Friday!


No comments: