Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Week in Review

Crazy week since Friday. Woke up early on Saturday to make stuff for a picnic on Sunday. I had the best batch of choc chip cookies I have ever made using this recipe - I don't know if it was the humidity, the recipe, the baker or what - but these babies were perfect (used bittersweet choc from Ghiradelli - available at Food Lion of all places). If you use that recipe, don't let the two cups of each chip fool you - you only need two cups total. Also made the worlds easiest fruit dip - 1:1 ratio of marshmallow fluff and cream cheese to go with Strawberries. Saturday night at work was constant - just couldn't get ahead, but not unbearable. There have been plenty worse. The highschooler that has been coming in part time to work had graduation, so there was no tag-teaming the dessert and cheese stations. The only thing that I needed help with is the cheese station -most everything was precut, but man, nobody really takes care of the stuff like they have to clean it up at the end of the night when they cut cheese. What a mess.
On Sunday, Kel and I woke up early and drove to Sanford for autocrossing. Where, fanfare please, I beat Kelly in his own car. Yes, I have been doing this longer, and yes, it is his like third event. But, we both drove his car that I don't drive every day. The event was the third annual charity event to benefit Jimmy V Foundation. We missed out on the bracket races and headed home early, but overall I finished third in Ladies class. Not bad on street tires.
So we came home and after cleaning up a little, we went to Chef's picnic. We ate too much, but everything was good. We came home empty handed - the choc chips and strawberries and dip were GONE so I guess I got the numbers right. Red made corn dogs, Rodney made mac and cheese (homemade, with bacon!), Will made a veggie salad that was great - and there was an orzo salad that was good too.
Monday was a blur - I worked in the bakery during the day - but was tired. I ended up going to bed at some ungodly early hour.
Tuesday was the same - worked nighttime and came home and watched dancing with the stars. Go Apolo - he was great and worthy of the trophy - fun to watch! Even if his cha cha was too sexy and not really a cha cha, he was fun to watch.
Brings us to today -have to get motivated to do something. But I'm not quite there yet. Feel the need to drink lots and lots of water. Let me get on that.

No comments: