Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Whew - what a weekend

Can you have a laid back - busy weekend?
If you can, we did.
Kel and I hung out on Saturday night, went to Laurie and Paul's on Sunday and then to Drew and Brooke's on Monday night.
I made stuff - Summer Sangria - the drink that defines summer to me, recipe below, Key Lime Pie - Kel's favorite, Lemon meringue pie - my favorite and German 'Tater Salad - because that screams picnic to me.

Summer Sangria -
White wine instead of red makes this an easy summer sippin' drink -
Makes a bunch - I'd day at least 12 glasses -
1/2 c Brandy
1/2 c Orange Liquor (I used grand mariner - but a lot of stuff would work)
2.5 (2 quarts) bottles dry white wine
1/2 c sugar
Mix this stuff and put in fridge for an hour.

Then add this stuff just before serving -
lime, lemon and orange slices
honeydew and cantaloupe balls
strawberries
club soda, 1 liter
ice

Day two, when the fruit is marinated in all of that alcoholic goodness was even better.

The move is coming! I can feel it!
I am starting to work more daytime hours in the bakery! Not there all the time yet - I'm there more than upstairs more this week.

Let me tell you - I had for the first time ever today a complete indulgence - a couple of
Snoopy's hot dogs. Yum- they were just what I needed after a day of work in the bakery. The staff was really friendly and full of smiles. Always had heard about this Raleigh institution. Finally partook.

No comments: