Thursday, May 31, 2007

My husband is a jerky, and other reasons why I stress eat.

There are days when my husband is wonderful.
There are days when he is a dunderheaded ignoramus.

When I got home from dinner with Jackie and Jason (I was actually able to make dance class today - Whooo hoooo Tango!) there was a note on the door from our neighbor. Kindly asking Kelly to remove the mulch piles he had placed in his (the neighbor's) side yard.

When I called Kel to tell him that we had received the note and that I had worked to spread it out so it looked okay, instead of leaving piles*, he HUNG UP on me.

If you are wondering how to make someone go from level one of semi-pissed-offed-ness to full on OH-NO-YOU-DI-DUNTed-ness, hang up on them when they are trying to drive a point home. Good thing that he will be out of the house until Friday. I might be able to let him apologize by then and more importantly for him, I might put down the "locksmith" section of the yellow pages.

*these exact words we not used. The actual language involved words and voice deflections of a more colorful nature.

No comments: