Monday, June 11, 2007

I Heart Laundry

I went to that baby shower on Saturday. Of all the good books the family received, only one was duplicated - someone else brought Green Eggs and Ham too!
We worked it out though - they didn't have a copy in their library, so they were going to keep the copy and get another book by Dr. Suess for the kids collections. Mom to be looks great and like all of us, deals with daily challenges. She and Dad to be were in a car accident recently - everyone is okay, but a little bit shaken up. You never know what is going to happen out of the blue.
Speaking about out of the blue - I found out who the random dropper by was!
So a couple of weeks ago, someone stopped by and said hi at the restaurant - only I had just left. That someone was daddy to be - Bill!
The shower was an interesting event to me. A little over two years ago, Bill and Heidi got married. At that time, the parties (showers, wedding, bachelorette, etc.) were attended by young adults, mostly couples, and maybe two kids. This party was a shift. All of those couples now have kids. And they all have different styles of parenting. And the focus of the entire day was on the wee ones. The average age in the room must have been in the teens.
I'm not sure what to think about that. I'm fairly certain that eventually I will want kids. I'm also giving license to others to smack me if my kids dictate the words that come out of my mouth or if I talk in baby talk or if I can't have a conversation that involves something other than kids.
Enough of that - Off to do laundry!

No comments: