Sunday, June 24, 2007

What have you been up to?

I haven't blogged in about a week? Things have been kind of crazy I guess with the work schedule (a morning shift, a day off, and then three nights and a morning shift). The night shifts were awful. I came home on Friday night and was glad to go to work the next morning. Chef is letting a 14 year old (nepotism is grand - he is a nephew of someone) work the dessert station. He is slow, he is slow, did I mention - he is slow. On Thursday, chef had him take the station - good thing there were no more than 2 things on each ticket and the tickets were well spaced out. On Friday, the kid screwed up royally - to the point where it was I was screwing up and digging in deeper - burnt a chef's table dessert that was already late going into the oven. The worst part - somehow Chef is eating up this 14 year old's story. The kid thinks he knows everything because he has made a few things at home - the weirdest part - he is the size of an 8 year old and has to ask someone to reach anything up high for him. He can't even reach the back of the station. Caffeine stunts your growth kiddo, lay off the coffee. The toughest part for me is not talking down to him - that and four letter bombing him to Timbuktu after each annoying story he tells. Did I mention he is rude, unable to follow direction and grates on my nerves - or did that have to be said?
Knitting calls - have a good Sunday.

No comments: